Comparing Fovia’s High Definition Volume Rendering® to “traditional” volume rendering is like comparing high definition television to traditional television – in both cases, the “High Definition” version produces far sharper and crisper images by displaying more data on the screen.
With traditional volume rendering, it is not possible to achieve interactive HDVR® quality due to the tremendous number of computations required.
Fovia’s HDVR® engine, however, uses proprietary algorithms to achieve High Definition Volume Rendering® at interactive speed. Additionally, the Company’s HDVR® engine is scalable, works with off-the-shelf hardware and supports non-compromised remote rendering.
But why take our word for it? Ask your current 3D provider if they can offer:
- High Definition Volume Rendering® quality, as presented in our gallery?
- On-the-fly, interactive supersampling with off-the-shelf hardware?
- A software-only solution that is faster than specialized hardware (ASIC) and video card-based approaches?
- Interactive rendering of large datasets (~4,000 slices) without data downsampling?
- Non-compromised remote rendering over the internet or wireless networks?
- Interactive rendering without preprocessing?
- Scalability with more users, larger datasets, bigger rendering planes, multiple CPUs and clustering?
- Instant segmentation?
- Modification of the transfer function on-the-fly?
- On-the-fly auto-navigation for fly-through?
- Subvoxel precision for 3D measurement?
- Interactive stereoscopic rendering?
- Compatibility with Windows/Linux/Macintosh platforms?
- Fovia’s extensive feature set?
Want more proof? See it for yourself!
The best way to appreciate High Definition Volume Rendering® is via a side-by-side comparison. The exact same datasets (that you provide) should be rendered with both Fovia’s HDVR® engine and your current volume rendering solution and the quality and performance should be compared side-by-side. We’re confident that once you experience High Definition Volume Rendering®, you will not want to return to your current solution. Please e-mail us at email@example.com to inquire about arranging a side-by-side comparison.